By Arnoldo Carlos Vento
Read or Download Adela Sloss-Vento: Writer, Political Activist, and Civil Rights Pioneer PDF
Similar civil rights & liberties books
President Harry Truman pointed out himself again and again as a champion of civil liberties within the American approach of presidency. even though the pursuit of peace crowned his schedule, Communist containment and civil liberties have been, in his brain, heavily associated. the yank Constitution's invoice of Rights used to be a resource of energy that the U.S. had, yet that authoritarian regimes didn't.
This assortment examines the topic of id and surveillance from sixteenth C English parish registers to twenty first C DNA databases. The members, who variety from historians to criminal experts, supply an perception into the old improvement in the back of such matters as biometric identity, immigration keep an eye on and private facts use.
This research argues that the decriminalization of intercourse paintings in China can give a contribution to HIV prevention and human rights security. The argument is supported via six key suggestions: the universality of human rights, rights-based techniques to HIV, intercourse paintings as paintings, possibility setting for HIV transmission, decriminalization of intercourse paintings as a popular version for HIV prevention, and rights-based responses to HIV and intercourse paintings.
This ebook is the second one of a two-volume set exploring the controversies in regards to the reviews of usa citizens from Africa. It comprises essays at the roots of protest, together with the unique "Confessions of Nat Turner;" the heritage and personality of the Civil Rights stream; the origins and impression of Black energy; and, eventually, in "Negroes Nevermore," diversified perspectives at the that means of Black satisfaction.
- Do Facts Matter?: Information and Misinformation in American Politics (The Julian J. Rothbaum Distinguished Lecture Series)
- False Dawn: Protest, Democracy, and Violence in the New Middle East
- Minorities and Representation in American Politics
- Women's Suffrage in the British Empire: Citizenship, Nation and Race (Routledge Research in Gender and History)
- African-American Political Psychology: Identity, Opinion, and Action in the Post-Civil Rights Era
- Everyday Surveillance: Vigilance and Visibility in Postmodern Life
Extra info for Adela Sloss-Vento: Writer, Political Activist, and Civil Rights Pioneer
Adela Sloss-Vento: Writer, Political Activist, and Civil Rights Pioneer by Arnoldo Carlos Vento